Mason Datalab is an initiative of the Institute for Digital InnovAtion (IDIA). Its mission is to establish George Mason University as a top-tier source for multidisciplinary data science expertise by delivering value to our stakeholders through a robust Capstone Program and an active partners network.
By engaging researchers and domain experts across Mason, and with the guidance of its Advisory Board and internal Steering Committee, DataLab provides capabilities by:
- enabling cross-disciplinary undergraduate and graduate student research in applied data science and analytics through the Capstone Program and innovative experiential learning opportunities;
- nurturing and engaging Capstone Program opportunities which benefit partners;
- developing and sustaining relationships with external partners (corporate, non-profit and public sectors) who seek access to Mason’s data-intensive talent and facilities;
- matching external partners with faculty-student teams who solve data-intensive challenges and opportunities posed by Mason’s partners;
- developing the technical talent and skill pipeline to contribute to the ever expanding Data Science workforce opportunities;
- offering expertise, guidance, training, and support to non-experts through their data science evolution.
We partner with Academia, Industry, and Government in a collaborative, diverse, cross-disciplinary environment to seek and try new ideas for innovation and best practices.